Assistant Professor Industrial Pharmacy and Pharmaceutics
This workshop is ideal for current users of rheometry, to those new to rheology or planning to acquire a rheometer.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
• Understand the basics of rheology, especially as related to polymers.
• Understand the use of dynamic mechanical thermal analysis (DMTA) for material testing.
• Feel comfortable with good laboratory practices for sound rheological measurements.
• Know how to perform these types of tests on a rheometer.
• This workshop is aimed at those new to rheology and DMTA as a first step into these techniques as well as for those who have used or are using these techniques and would like a refresher.
• The terminology used in these techniques, an overview of the mechanics of the measurements, and examples of applications for the polymer industry will be covered.
Date: June 28, 2017
Time: 8:30AM – 4:00PM
Trainer: Mr. Dave Crowther
Price: No charge but registration is required.
Molecular Sciences Research Building
University of Puerto Rico
Rd. 1, El Cinco
San Juan, PR 00926